Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Runescape Bloggers

Runescape is an MMORPG that has a lot of dedicated fans, many of whom are avid bloggers who like to express their opinions to the masses. Unfortunately, many players do not maintain their blogs over a sustained period of time and leave plenty of unfinished thoughts.

Personally, I had stopped writing on my runescape blogs when I got bogged down in real life with a course for starting your own business. It has now finished and I have started blogging again, hopefully I will continue to be able to do so in my spare time as frequently as I can.

In that time I have also read a lot about blogging communities as a whole and I have improved my writing style to be more inclusive of other runescape sites in general. This is what I believe will help keep me motivated to continue blogging this time - including others and making it a community.

If anyone wants to get involved and are an existing blogger (doesn't have to specifically be about runescape - but if you play the game it will be so much easier to know the way things work), then get in contact as we can work together and be more helpful to the overall runescape community - instead of letting the writing stop, we can keep each other motivated to continue and increase the overall help offered.

If blogging was tried and writing guides would be better suited, then any player can register on my main runescape help site (site no longer existing - but editors and guide writers can sign up at http://www.07runescape.com for old school runescape game help) and submit a guide for inclusion in the database. Hopefully in 12 months time the site will be much more comprehensive on the help offered and that I would have a good team of guide writers working together.

4 comments:

M said...

Hey,

I have a Runescape blog as well. I was wondering if you would like to exchange links. The URL is http://mattsrunescapeblog.blogspot.com

Let me know if you do!
~Matt :)

Latona said...

Matt, I am looking at trying to establish a network of runescape bloggers. This will serve the purpose of getting each blog more focussed - ie means we will not always be posting on the same issues all the time.

If I can get a runescape blogging network organised, it means together we could work on building up our readership and offering our opinions on other peoples thoughts.

There are many blogs about runescape that get abandoned very quickly - and many that are just copy/pasted from other sources entirely.

Through a runescape blog network, we could become a more effective voice of the runescape community, consequently things like exchanging links would not be needed - as we would be referencing other bloggers posts if we had a conflicting opinion etc.

It is all about trying to bring some organisation to runescape bloggers so that people can get their opinion heard - and get feedback on it etc.

Unknown said...

Hey Latona, =)

You said you were looking for Runescape bloggers, I mainly use my blog for Runescape, but occasionally other things.

Anyway, the address is: http://fizziwig.blogspot.com

Latona said...

Fizz, I checked out your blog briefly and yeah, looks good enough.

I also noted you mentioned about graphics - I may email you about that as I am no graphics wiz :P